Hola!!!!

Hello Everyone!                                                                                                                                               9/27/17

Me, an other Hermana, and my companion Hermana Robles

It has been a long week I feel like. It started off with me having to get a flu shot. It was not fun, but I got to miss like 10 minutes of spanish class lol. 
The first week or so we were teaching this "investigator" named Erik, and he only spoke spanish and is from Mexico, and I felt really bad because I have only learned Spanish for 3 days the first time we taught him, and I think the first lesson was poor, but then, the 2nd lesson (like two days after) went sooo well, and the spirit was so strong and we were able to understand him even though he talks fast, and answer his questions that he had about the gospel, and it was so good. My spanish is poor, but luckily the Holy Ghost knows Spanish and was able to basically talk through me. Well fast forward to Monday, and I walk into class, and Erik is actually Hermano Gilman and just got back from his spanish speaking mission, and is our teacher. I was so sad xD I felt lied to, but its all good. He is a good teacher. 
I have been sick for almost a week now, and Monday night I lost my voice completely. Luckily I got a blessing from some of the Elders, and I don't feel sick anymore. I still cant talk too well lol, but I am feeling good.
My Companion Hermana Robles, is scheduled to leave for Texas this Monday (even though she was supposed to be in the 6 week program for learning spanish, her mission president said he needed her, so he requested her to come early) I guess she will really need that gift of tongues in Spanish. I dont know if they are going to give me a knew companion or put me in a trio or what...but I will let you guys know next week. 
I have definitely learned that God does answer our prayers in many mysterious ways. It is amazing though bc He does always answer. 
We sung in the choir the song titled "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" and it is about the first vision of Joseph Smith, and we don't sing or really talk a lot about Joseph Smith because, well, our church is about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but the song really invited the spirit, and it makes me so happy to not only know that Heavenly Father lives, but to really feel it. 
I love you all and I will send pictures when I get back to my residence (Doing laundry right now). Have a great week!!!
---Hermana Woerner












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hope they call me on a Mission

Toothpaste