Wednesday's, Spanish and my first week

So apparently our preparation day is on Wednesday. Its different per group at the MTC and ours is Wednesday. It has been a mixture of a really stressful week and a really great week. 
The first day was great, I met my companion, roommates, and my district.
 My companion is Hermana Robles (going to Dallas Texas), then our roommates are Hermana Timoteo and Hermana Hudrlik (Both Texas Houston East). 

Then the other set of Hermanas are Riding, Gardels, and Burke (Everest WA, Washington DC North, and Boston) then our Elders are Harrison, Hildreth, Hallman (all going to Mexico), Thomas (Boston), then Coy, and Johannsen (Both Texas Houston East). 


Everyone is super cool and were like a big family all struggling with Spanish (except Johannsen and Harrison bc they already know it). Pero mi Espanol es mejora than I thought it would be. I'm only a week in and I can already teach about Jesucristo and the restoration and pray and give my testimony and the gift of tongues is definitely real. Still frustrating. But real. 
We were able to go to a few different devotionals this week and the one last night was by Quentin L. Cook (one of the twelve apostles) and it was honestly so amazing bc as soon as he came in the room the spirit was so present and it made me happy.
This week has been just mainly studying Spanish, eating food, and reading scriptures. We've been teaching an "investigator" (he's actually a member but we have to teach him in Spanish porque Spanish) so far we've taught 4 lessons, our last lesson is tomorrow. Two of the meetings were really good, I was able to say all I wanted to (mostly) bc the spirit was there and I don't understand him all the time but it's okay bc I've only done the whole spanish thing for about a week. So I would say being able to teach and understand part time is good enough for now lol. 

I also left my toothbrush at Ivorys the first day so I had to buy one at the bookstore. The campus is beautiful but it's really cold here right now...luckily so share a room with people from California so they are also cold.
Anyway, I'm able to read emails throughout the week but only respond on Wednesday's, but I love reading them throughout the week. 
Miss/Love you all!
Adios! 
Hermana Woerner 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hope they call me on a Mission

Toothpaste

Hola!!!!